Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday morning, back to "work"


I think that Brooke & I are both still tingling from Saturday night. It felt like our very own debutante ball, being two girls from the South. We are eternally grateful that the bride & groom allowed us to contribute to their day and introduce their family and friends to Lovely at the same time. It was, of course, all about them and we were ecstatic to be there.

Now we're back to "work", which I define as the stuff that's not so fun to do. Budgets, number crunching, planning, planning, planning. Brooke is forever calming me down in that department, as I am the high-strung worrier and she is my laid-back counterpart. We just can't wait to get in the kitchen, open the doors to Lovely, and feed you all as much as you will allow us to! None of that will happen, alas, until finish our homework. We are so close. Almost there. Eating, breathing, & sleeping Lovely. We are at our "office", which is defined as any coffee shop with good lattes and free wi-fi. Brooke is going to "kill me" if I don't stop using quotes, either of the typed or air variety.

Tomorrow we will have keys to the space in hand, which will be a milestone of both of our dreams. (Commence butterflies in my stomach.)

Keep checking in with us. We look forward to sharing this journey with you!

-gina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ladies ROCK!!! Dad and I (and Candice too because she was here when we got it)love what you've doing so far!! The main website page is great! We can't wait to eat at Lovely!
Love you girls,
Mom